The Good Governance and Anti-Corruption Cabinet Cluster (Governance Cluster) was created by virtue of Executive Order No. 43. The executive issuance reorganized the Cabinet into clusters that adhere to the key result areas (KRA) of the Aquino administration outlined in the President’s Social Contract. The five KRAs are:
- Transparent, accountable, and participatory governance.
- Poverty reduction and empowerment of the poor and vulnerable.
- Rapid, inclusive, and sustained economic growth.
- Just and lasting peace and the rule of law.
- Integrity of the environment and climate change adaptation and mitigation.
The Governance Cluster is tasked to pursue the following:
- Upholding transparency in government transactions and our commitment to combating graft and corruption.
- Strengthening of the capacity of government institutions to link their respective budgets with performance outcomes and enabling citizens and civil society to monitor and evaluate these.
- A professional, motivated, and energized bureaucracy with adequate means to perform their public service missions.
- Improvement of public sector asset and resource management and revenue performance.
- Establishing an improved policy and regulatory environment that will reduce the cost of doing business in the country and improve competition.
To achieve the goals of the Cluster, an Action Plan was crafted that outlines the key reform programs or initiatives of the Aquino administration in pursuit of good governance.
I. Governance Cluster Priority Outcomes for 2013-2016
To achieve the goals of the Governance Cluster of improved public services delivery, curbed corruption, and enhanced business environment, the following priority outcomes have been identified for 2013-2016:
- Improved transparency and citizens’ empowerment
- Improved public sector performance
- Improved anti-corruption measures
- Improved policy environment for good governance
For each outcome, sub-outcomes were identified. Indicators for each sub-outcome are tracked for the corresponding initiatives included in the Plan.
To access the full copy of the 2013-2016 Governance Cluster Action Plan, click here.